(don’t ask me where that title came from, I have no idea…)
1) The entire cast of Glee along with series creator Ryan Murphy will be on Oprah April 7th, just one day after performing at the White House’s annual Easter Egg Roll. Hopefully the show will fare better post Oprah than the cast Grey’s Anatomy that imploded soon after their visit.
2) The Glee Live Tour has added new dates including a couple of matinees.
Here’s the complete list:
|Sat, May 15, 2010||Phoenix, AZ||The Dogdge Theater||8:00 pm|
|Thu, May 20, 2010||Universal City, CA||Gibson Amphitheatre||8:00 pm|
|Fri, May 21, 2010||Universal City, CA||Gibson Amphitheatre||8:00 pm|
|Sat, May 22, 2010||Universal City, CA||Gibson Amphitheatre||2:00 pm|
|Sat, May 22, 2010||Universal City, CA||Gibson Amphitheatre||8:00 pm|
|Tue, May 25, 2010||Rosemont, IL||Rosemont Theatre||8:00 pm|
|Wed, May 26, 2010||Rosemont, IL||Rosemont Theatre||8:00 pm|
|Fri, May 28, 2010||New York, NY||Radio City Music Hall||8:00 pm|
|Sat, May 29, 2010||New York, NY||Radio City Music Hall||3:00 pm|
|Sat, May 29, 2010||New York, NY||Radio City Music Hall||8:00 pm|
|Sun, May 30, 2010||New York, NY||Radio City Music Hall||8:00 pm|
Sorry Canucks, still no dates in the Great White North. For more information, or to buy your tickets, go to the Glee Live website.
3. Possible upcoming guest stars include: Hugh Jackman (oh please!), Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake and Queen Latifah (yes!)
4. Glee maybe Broadway bound! No, not the stars (Lea Michelle and Matthew Morisson are already vets of the Great White Way), but an actual Broadway play based on the show. According to Zap2It, the show is in the initial phases of development. Talks are ongoing between Music Theater Intl. and the show’s creators and producers.
I don’t know about this. The show is well loved, yes, but this strikes me as a bit of overkill that could result in a backlash. Can there be too much Glee?
5. They’re super-sizing season 2! According to Entertainment Weekly, there are going to be 25 episodes next season and it could result in a little travel time, like maybe to New York? Think of the shopping opportunities for Kurt and Mercedes!
6. Looks like I’ll be seeing The Smurfs after all… Jayma Mays (Emma) is going to be playing Neil Patrick Harris’ pregnant wife in the movie. Filming begins in Septemeber. Congratulations!
7. Kurt manipulates his Dad and Finn’s Mom in order to get closer to his favorite guy. Hilarity, I’m sure, will insue.
And I think that covers everything. Enjoy!